Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sept 22, 2013

To Dad

I am learning a lot. I have learned how to use the gift of tongues for one. It is dependent on what I have learned in my studies but it comes when I trust in Heavenly Father's ability to bless me and when I have a love and desire to share the gospel. I have had many personal conversations with Christ since I've been here. Obviously, I needed His help. One problem that I've always had is having confidence in my ability to receive correct instruction from Him. I didn't trust myself, but I didn't trust His ability to send me blessings. Now I  am working on developing that faith and hope. I have received very specific instructions from Him. It sounds like everyone is really appreciative that I am here on a mission. I am appreciative of their needs and want to be a blessing for my family. I will do my best but I have to follow the spirit in all things. The gospel should be something that changes our lives. I hope you all are striving to learn more about the gospel everyday. As you seek to find what change is possible in your life, you will realize what callings the Lord has to give to you. It is so true that Heavenly Father is involved in each one of our lives. Even in the Philippines I have met many members who bare the same testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and who are coming to know Him personally just like all of you are at home. He does live and His work is real. 

Well, I think of you often Dad when I'm walking around this place. We often have appointments in the countryside and it is very beautiful to walk past the expansive rice fields and to see the jungle-covered mountains in the distance. You would love it. The houses are mostly huts made out of cinder block or bamboo. They are all dirty, but the people manage to dress well. Everyone has t.v's and cell phones for the most part.

Everyone is very kind and welcoming to me. Yesterday in sacrament meeting I played the piano. I also got to accompany the Young Single Adult choir and my companion, who has an amazing singing voice, directed it. She sings like Adele. It's cool. We sang Our Savior's Love and I came up with a sort of rendition that made it sound nice. It was fun for me. People get really into events here. They begin celebrating Christmas in September. So yeah, it's Christmas here right now! Well for the choir performance they had us all match and they had green scarves for all of the sisters and the brothers wore red ties. They are awesome. They language is coming for me slowly but surely. It took me about a week to be able to understand their accents. 

Well, I'll talk to you again soon Dad. I hope all is well. Love you tons! Rely on the Lord. Go to Him and we will show you how much He knows you, loves you, and can personally guide you. Go to Him and He will utilize your personal talents.

Love,

Kell

No comments:

Post a Comment