Wednesday, October 23, 2013

October 21, 2013 - Excerpts from different letters sent by her

The work is always happy. I will by having my first baptisms on Oct 26. I am especially excited for Sister H... She's 24 years old and super sweet and cool. She's taken the missionary discussions a few times and she is so ready for baptism. It's so happy being around her right now.
Well, here is a picture of us with one of our new investigators. Her name is N.. and she's 11. Her mom is a less active. She loves the missionary lessons! I am so excited for her. The other kids are just some of our regular friends who always love to join in on our lessons. They are happy. The stickers are a hit! You can see MarJun, who is N..'s uncle kind of, showing them off on his hand. He is one of my favorites. He always has a smile on his face and it is the cutest. He followed us to church last week and attended all three meetings. He made me a flower bracelet. 
Well, that's all for now. I'm doing well. Thanks for everything. Love you.

Letter to her Brother and his family
Thank you so much for your letters! I love to hear how you're doing. I'm glad you two have strong testimonies of our Father in Heaven. I know it's because you keep the commandments that you've been given by Heavenly Father and you attend church every week and you read from the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is so essential to our conversion. We do not understand all things but as we immerse ourselves in the word of God and learn from the testimonies of those now past we can receive the guidance we need and we can understand what we have to do to obtain happiness. I know the Book of Mormon is a true account. I'm so grateful for your examples. God greatly values and finds great joy in the strength of your small family. You are a perfect of example of His work and His glory coming to pass. He will work miracles through you. The world may not view your family life on the television screen, but that is because they do not understand your worth and they do not understand true happiness. Continue! I am so happy for your.

I know this gospel is true. The love I feel for the people here is so strong I do not doubt in the existence of our loving Heavenly Father. I know it is Him who has given me this love and I know it is His love for His children. 

Here's a funny story while the picture is loading. Sister F... is another sister in our apartment. She likes to tease. The other day while I was having companionship prayer she put a cockroach on my back. She knows I have been really scared of them because they are like two inches long. Well then me and my companion were talking and then my companion screamed and I jumped up and started brushing my shirt and then it fell off. I'm becoming less scared of them cuz they're just everywhere. Anyways, that's my story!
An earlier letter to her brother:

Well, I hope you can get to Utah soon as well. I know B.. is intelligent and would make a great entrepreneur if it came down to it. Well, I hope you find the way. Our family is going to need each others' support in the coming years. These are truly the last days and I am always feeling concerned about my mga pamangkin (neice or nephew). But, I can already see in each of them that they have been prepared in heaven with amazing strengths to face the trials of the world today. Also, there is so much hope that we can find in the Book of Mormon about these times in which we live. In the Isaiah chapters, Christ pretty much just gives a smackdown on the wicked. They really have no chance in the end. We have the opportunity to overcome a lot of wicked and we will grow because of it. Christ is with His people and the gospel will only continue to grow. That is His promise. I think we live in one of the most blessed ages of the earth, really. But still, it won't be easy. We have the opportunity to be stretched to overcome intense trials and intense battles against Satan. Keep doing those things which keep you safe: scripture study, family scripture study, prayer, family prayer, etc and you will have the power and direction you need to overcome every trial. 
I love you so much. 

Love,

Sister Burnett




No comments:

Post a Comment